Sunday, August 10, 2008

A not so Political Rant


This was originally going to be a Pro-Musharraf post for which I went to such lengths as smsing everybody in my address book at 3 AM in the morning asking them about their opinion on Musharraf. The reply i got was something that i never would've thought of... "Who are you?". Yes it's true, I had bought a new number but retained my old address book. Most of the people I smsed that night didn't know that. Any way once i told them who I was the second response was even more astounding... "Do you know what time it is?". I wonder why people don't keep watches at their bed sides like me. And that's when my good mood started deteriorating.


It's been a week now and my mood has been deteriorating slowly but surely. It should have been a good week considering I took one of my friends out for lunch on Monday, but on the contrary it was horrible. I brooded over that most of the week until the 14th of August arrived which brought some relief coz i was filled with patriotic fervour, either that or it was the frozen tomato soup kicking in. Then came the fifteenth and i was brooding again. What was really eating me was that the friend I took for lunch seemed to be in a world of his own and that is something that I don't take to nicely. To top it off my beloved watch broke while pulling on the hand brake too hard and it feels like a part of me has been ripped away. Then I ran into one of my best friends from school who as it turns out had stopped keeping in touch because I was the guy who was a little religious and he went on to become a bassist for a getup called "Saturn"! Everything just seems to get crummier and crummier.


The only good thing is that I've managed to do this week are read 3/4th of Bram Stoker's Dracula and discover that chicken meat balls are actually more delicious then beef meat balls.

3 comments:

Faisal.K said...

im with ya on mush

please update my addy on yr blogroll
its now www.deadpanthoughts.com

thansk

Tazeen said...

a pro mush lahori???

thats a first. During my last visit, i thought declaring undying love for mian sahab is pre requisite for lahori domicile.

Tazeen said...

sorry
my bad.

but for some reason, i assumed (incorrectly) that you were a Lahori.